ABOUT THE POSITION
The Producer – Programming is a key role within Critical Stages Touring’s organisation, responsible for working closely with the CEO/Director in developing upcoming touring programs, and chiefly responsible for liaising with presenters including venues, festivals and regional communities around Australia to build itineraries for all productions. The position reports directly to the CEO/Director. The position is currently a part-time role(0.4FTE).
The Critical Stages Touring office is based in The Rocks in Sydney. While preferable, it is not essential that the candidate be based in Sydney.
- Developing touring program in collaboration with CEO / Director.
- Responsibility for artistic liaison throughout tour building process.
- Responsibility for presenter liaison to support building tour itineraries, logistics and planning for productions. This includes:
- Developing strong familiarity and understanding of Critical Stages Touring productions in touring menu and key collaborating artists.
- Supporting CEO & Director with promotion and pitching of productions at arts markets in collaboration with CEO & Director as required.
- Promoting shows to presenters to develop new interest in Critical Stages and touring work.
- Building strong and concise touring itineraries for all Critical Stages Touring productions.
- Negotiating dates and fees and confirming presentation seasons.
- Collaborating with CEO & Director on funding applications as required to ensure tour viability.
- Collaborating with Critical Stages Touring team in all elements of production as required, including marketing, production, budgeting and tour delivery.
- Strengthening relationships with existing presenters and pro-actively developing new relationships with potential presenting partners.
- Experience producing and/or programming performing arts productions and tours.
- High level organisational and time management skills including working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability developing and managing relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with artists and creative teams.
- High level ability at managing production budgets
- Experience at writing successful government funding applications
- High level computer efficiency-MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
EDUCATION & PRIOR WORKING EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a production or programming role for the performing arts sector.
- Experience in performing arts touring in Australia.
- Tertiary qualification in theatre, entertainment or arts management or an equivalent relevant knowledge, training and/or experience
To request a full position description or for any further information, please contact Chris Bendall (details below).
To apply please send a cover letter, with a statement responding to selection criteria, and a full CV including names and contact details of two referees to:
Director & CEO
02 9696 0001
Applications close COB Thursday 18th November 2021
image: The Listies ROFL on stage, Greta Costello Photography