Come and work at Australia’s national touring theatre company, Critical Stages Touring, where you’ll work with a small team that is passionate about discovering and developing outstanding independent theatre for audiences everywhere. We create outstanding live performing arts experiences that can travel, connecting these with diverse regional communities, and fostering a sustainable and diverse national independent theatre sector.
To request further information, please contact Chris Bendall (details below). To apply please send a cover letter, a statement responding to selection criteria and a full CV including names and the contact details of two referees to:
Chris Bendall, Director & CEO – email@example.com
Applications for this position close Friday 26th August 2022.
Tour Development and Program Manager
Part-time (0.6 FTE).
Contract – 12 Months
Are you passionate about live performing arts and do you love regional and independent theatre? Do you know your Bunbury from Busselton, and Broken Hill from Bordertown? Have you got a brain for logistics, scheduling, and building itineraries? Do you want to work with Australia’s busiest regional performing arts touring organisation?
Then this is for you.
We’re looking for a highly organised, motivated, energetic multi-taskerto join Critical Stags Touring in this key role. Help us shape the future of Australian touring!
The Tour Development and Program Manager is a key role within Critical Stages Touring’s organisation, responsible for working closely with the CEO/Director in developing upcoming touring programs, and chiefly responsible for liaising with presenters including venues, festivals and regional communities around Australia to build itineraries for all productions.
The position reports directly to the CEO/Director.
The Critical Stages Touring office is based in The Rocks in Sydney and we are looking for someone who can be Sydney-based for this role.
- Management of presenter liaison to support building tour itineraries, logistics and planning for productions. This includes:
- Developing strong familiarity and understanding of Critical Stages Touring productions in touring menu and key collaborating artists.
- Presentation and pitching of productions at arts markets in collaboration with artists and Critical Stages Touring Director.
- Promoting shows to presenters to develop new interest in Critical Stages Touring productions.
- Building logical and concise touring itineraries for all Critical Stages Touring productions.
- Negotiating dates and fees and confirming presentation seasons.
- Developing touring program in collaboration with Director.
- Strengthening relationships with existing presenters and pro-actively developing new relationships with potential presenting partners.
- Supporting Director on funding applications as required to ensure tour viability.
- Collaborating with Critical Stages Touring team in preparation of tours as required, including development of marketing, production, budgeting, and tour delivery.
- Experience producing, developing or programming performing arts tours.
- High level organisational and time management skills including working to tight deadlines.
- High level logistics skill.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability developing and managing relationships.
- Demonstrated ability working effectively and harmoniously with artists and creative teams.
- Development ability working independently, taking initiative and managing a busy workflow.
- High level experience at developing production budgets.
- Experience at writing successful government funding applications
- High level computer efficiency-MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook and Dropbox
EDUCATION & PRIOR WORKING EXPERIENCE
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a production or programming role for the performing arts sector.
- Experience in performing arts touring in Australia.
- Tertiary qualification in theatre, entertainment or arts management or an equivalent relevant knowledge, training and/or experience
- Available for immediate start.
Featured image: 2022 premiere production of Black Sun/Blood Moon. Image by Jackie Cooper